buff sussex crossed buff orpington

honorkt

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
hello
I have 4 hens buff sussex and Buff orpington rooster

if i crossed them, any idea about color etc. and do that cross good for meat

thank you

Genetically, only a few genes differ between the two breeds. Both have single combs and pink skin, and hens of both breeds lay brown or tan eggs, so all offspring should certainly carry the genes for those traits. I would expect you'd see birds that are mostly Buff like the Orpington in appearance due to the dominance of his genes, with some sparse black feathering in the neck and tail from the Sussex side. I can't comment on whether they'd do good for meat beyond that both breeds are considered dual purpose so a cross of them would probably at least be decent meat birds.

Genetically, only a few genes differ between the two breeds. Both have single combs and pink skin, and hens of both breeds lay brown or tan eggs, so all offspring should certainly carry the genes for those traits. I would expect you'd see birds that are mostly Buff like the Orpington in appearance due to the dominance of his genes, with some sparse black feathering in the neck and tail from the Sussex side. I can't comment on whether they'd do good for meat beyond that both breeds are considered dual purpose so a cross of them would probably at least be decent meat birds.
if appearance wont change much that would be nice
i seen B. Orp. crossed speckled sussex.. frankly the color is just meh,
coulndnt find any photo of buff crossed buff

thanks

Back
Top Bottom