1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff, Tufted Buff, Lavendar Ice, American Blue Geese

Discussion in 'Geese' started by StevenW., Nov 17, 2010.

1. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Does anyone one have these? and if you do can you post some pictures of them and how friendly they are.

2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Ohhhh what a tease, i saw Lavender ice and soooo i want to see those, lol i thought you had pics, lol [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    no i use to have a buff gander but he was really agressive so he went to my dads aunts pond with his girl [​IMG]

4. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    anyone else have these????

5. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    I have buffs and blues, had a Lav gander but he went to a new home a few weeks back. There are pictures of the blues on the auction listing I had for them here (they're sold, but haven't moved to their new home yet due to logistics). I've posted the buffs before, too -- on this thread
    -- and others posted pictures of their americans there too.

IME the buffs have a slightly better temperament than the blues/lavs. There are few owners who have both to compare notes with though. Most of those I found had one or the other and most also had only young geese. Neither the buffs nor the blues/lavs however, have a bad temperament. All of them, regardless of color, are easily handled.

HTH!

6. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:OMG your blues r the BEST if u didnt have them sold yet i would totally take them trip from central illinois to michigan isnt that bad! lol

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I had one american blue goose. She was pretty skittish actually, but that probably comes from growing up with the ducks. When she started laying she became aggressive around her nest, but otherwise she never was a problem. I'd get more in a heartbeat if they didn't cost so much [​IMG]

8. MovieFanz

MovieFanz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2010
    I have all of the ones you mentioned. They are all quite breeds. My Tufted Buffs males are a little larger than my other males. None of mine are overly freindly. My Africans are my most friendly geese that I have. I had alot of geese at the time, so they might not have had that imprint time that my other geese got.

[​IMG]

9. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG] omg i [​IMG] them! must get some!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by