Buff Wyandotte roo or pullet? (more pictures added)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sierrarod, May 27, 2011.

1. sierrarod

sierrarod Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2011
    Reedley
    This is my first time raising chickens. I have Buff Wyandottes I bought as pullets. They look the same, except this one started making funny noises when I gave them snacks yesterday and 'she' has darker tail feathers, (You can kinda tell in the photo) than the other one. Thoughts?

THESE PHOTOS ARE OF THE SAME BIRD. The strange thing is that she is pretty constantly squawking. I wonder if something is wrong with her or if she is a rooster. Help?!?

Thank you for your time and help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

I do not know what you have but it can't be a Buff Orp with a pea-comb? Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong but, I do not see a start comb like it's supposed to have.
    Quote:

3. sierrarod

Jan 19, 2011
    Reedley
    Beth, must be the Buff Wyandotte then. Right? I have 2 Buff Orpingtons and 2 Buff Wyandottes. Sorry!

4. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Maybe sorry not familar with that breed as much as the Orps. Wyadottes from what I am told are hard to sex b/c it can go either way. Sorry [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Can you post profile/side shot photos of the birds? Are they hatcher or breeder stock? And how old are they?

6. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I don't know anything about wyandottes but still think its a little girl, hope Im right! lol

7. buckboy101

buckboy101 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    I think its a girl

8. sierrarod

Jan 19, 2011
    Reedley
    It's from a breeder. Is the picture profile enough or do I need to take another one? Thing is, it sure seems to be trying to crow, although a bit pathetic sounding.

9. gronsk

gronsk Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2010
    SE MA
    pullet

10. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Looks like a PULLET to me..and pretty one [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by