Buffs, Bums and Blue!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by loralei, Nov 3, 2009.

1. loralei

loralei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    While spraying the bums of my little BO's I inadvertently sprayed myself with Blue-Kote. While they look kinda cute all yellow and blue I do not! [​IMG] I have tried everything I can think of around the house to get it off. No luck! Any suggestions?

Thanks ya'll!

2. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    nail polish remover? the pure acetone version

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  3. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I ended up covered in BlueKote and the only thing that worked to remove it was something I found accidently while cleaning my tub after giving up on getting it off myself... I notied the KaBoom Bathroom cleaner was removing it from my stained skin.....

4. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    Mine just finally wears off..... just takes a couple days.... I have tried comet, grease remover, mechanic soap, and finally gave up.....

5. lavacaw

lavacaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    South Central Texas
    Clorox or any other chlorine bleach works...took mine all off in about five minutes. [​IMG]

6. loralei

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    I give up! I'm painting my entire body, moving to Vegas and joining the Blue Man Group![​IMG]

7. Airilith

Airilith Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    The best way to get Blu-Kote off is to get some rubbing alcohol on there as soon as you can. The sooner you do the easier it will come off. If you let it dry for too long even with the alcohol it will take a while to get it all off.

I've spent weeks being that blueish-purple color [​IMG]

8. loralei

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    Thanks y'all! I finally used Soft Scrub and it is significantly lightened. It's a good thing. I am speaking to a group of 50 or so architects today and I hate speaking in front of groups! The last thing I needed was to feel self conscious about my blue hands! Perhaps everyone will notice how soft my hands are when I shake hands with them and not that they are blue!

Have a great day!!!
    Laura

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by