Buffy :Questions and Her story:

Eggmachine11

Chirping
Feb 8, 2015
MO
I have a hen named Buffy.I have had her since a chick and really enjoyed her.She Buff Orpington and is very dominant,but I have saw her doing odd things.

My question is:Buffy seems to cackle to other hens when they make the egg call.She did this after I introduced her to the adult flock which was maybe,a year ago?Why is she doing this?Her past is crazy.i had picked her up 1 day and sat her day,she hates being picked up.She then did the chickenwing to ME as if she was a rooster.What's up with that?(Also,this story was year ago)

She doesn't have rooster hackles in the photo, I don't think it's a gender issue. If she was a 'he', 'he'd' have LONG show feathers on the tail.

Are you saying she lunged at you or attacked you when you handled her? My girls will fight a roo if he wants to breed and they DON'T. They lunged and hackle-up and kick just like another roo and tell him to back off. If she thought you were a roo trying to breed she was probably giving you a piece of her mind.

Sometimes I have multiple girls start cackling after one lays an egg. I think they're all just joining in the giddy together...

Know,she just circled me with the chicken wing,never lunges at me,she isn't most defintly not aggressive towards humans.Maybe it's just she is so dominant?

Back
Top Bottom