Bug Killing Jack Russell

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ChooksinChoppers, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Well....a few years ago we lived with a friend in Florida and my DD and I had seperate bedrooms but she would come visit me while I was on the puter when chatting with other horse people with her JRT, Tilly usually asleep on my bed with her .....here is one convo we had one night
    Arrrrgh! MOM Help! a big roach is climbing the wall in your room! So i leap up and comment "It is too high for me to smack it" DD suggests to throw shoe up there and knock it down for JRT Rosie to kill it (like we have taught her to do).....so ok...I grab the nearest shoe (happens to be her newest sneakers) and throw it up there to try to knock it down....Rosie is going nuts! Grabs the shoe and is killing it as commanded! [​IMG] DD is screaming "stop! Thats my good shoe!" Rosie shakes it harder! I am trying to grab said good shoe off of savage Rosie and direct her attentions to bad roach on wall.........3rd attempt at throwing shoe at wall ......Rosie finally grabs the roach and is killing it with the help of Tilly who then grabs it up and takes it onto the bed with DD and proceeds to kill it on the bed where she is sitting screaming....over the top of all the barking I hear her...
    ......Arrrgh STOP IT ...arrrgh guts! Help! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Roach guts noooo! help! Arrrgh "legs" help!
    I think it had something to do with her ocd [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Me? Screaming? Never! [​IMG]

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    [​IMG]

4. Squishy

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    *Sniff* You try having cockroach guts (from a GIANT palmetto bug) spraying all over you, along with various legs.
    Then laugh *sniff* [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    When I went to Florida once for Spring Break (we went to Santa Rosa beach) I found a HUGE cockroach and put it in a bag the day we got there.
    By the time we were going to leave, which was over a week later, it was still alive. I took it home to show my grandma. She made me throw it in the pond. [​IMG]

Oh, and I brought home a little lizard too. I'm pretty sure it died because it couldn't handle the climate change. I felt horrible about it. [​IMG]

6. Squishy

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I have a lizard in my room [​IMG]

I've caught it and put it outside 3 times. It keeps getting back in through my window area, in some way I cant find. I'm sure its the same one because it has the same quirky tail.

I think its a female too, because there was a male flirting with it on the other side of the screen (window open)... the one outside was doing the thing with its throat underside and bobbing. The female ran outside (must be a gap!) and he chased her and she jumped off the ledge and he flew after her.

She was back in my room the next day [​IMG]

She really scared me one day when I opened my jeans drawer in a hurry and out popped a lizard. Shes been all over the room and somehow Squishy hasn't caught her yet [​IMG]

I dont mind because she eats whatever bugs find their way in here [​IMG]

But I cant believe you took a cockroach home. Cockroaches are number 1 on my list of scary bugs. I'm usually too scared of them to kill them.
    It must be all those times as a kid that the palmetto bugs flew at my hair and I had to jump and screech and bat at my hair to get them out [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I"m with you, Squishy. Palmetto bugs are the worst! [​IMG]

8. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Quote:Never mind you [​IMG] What about all those legs and guts all over my bed! [​IMG]

9. azalea

azalea Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    I needed years of therapy after many such encounters with Palmetto bugs.

(Too bad my folks wouldn't pay for it.....)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  10. Squishy

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:It counts as neglect, doesen't it???? The misery, the torment.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by