Bug zapper, bug giverer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by trophywife, Aug 13, 2011.

1. trophywife

trophywife Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    baldwin
    I put my bug zapper on the deck to test it out before we hang it ...the next day when I went to move it, there was a nice handful of zapped bugs that collected underneath it

Just food for thought [​IMG]

2. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Food for thought, or food for chickens?

3. trophywife

trophywife Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    baldwin
    Ha [​IMG] of courseee

Dear trophywife 2009 called, they want their post regarding this subject back.

LOL Just did a search for it and realized its been done

4. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    We have them hanging in the pens so when they come out of the run in the morning they get a free protein snack....

5. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    My neighbor brings my chickens the bugs from his zapper every morning! They are like chicken crack!

6. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:What kind of bugs are you catching here in AZ? I've been thinking of getting one but didn't know if it was worth it in AZ. When I was in OK we had so many flying bugs it was crazy.

7. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:What kind of bugs are you catching here in AZ? I've been thinking of getting one but didn't know if it was worth it in AZ. When I was in OK we had so many flying bugs it was crazy.

Mostly small beetles and moths, but the girls love them. Often the right times of year the nice fat grasshoppers and june bugs show up as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by