Bug zapper in coop stress birds??

epowers777

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
I have a bug zapper in my coop and went in tonight like i always do 1am.(got a weird schedule) and noticed that the bug zapper is bright. Will that light keep the birds up and stress them out? Or is it fine?

Well that answered my question thanks. I went in last night and they were all nocked out so I dont think the light bothers them.

Nobody has a suggestion??????
sad.png

I don't know about chickens, but I keep a small night light on for my parrots. They seem happier with it. Most bug zappers are bluish, I bet it won't be a problem (unless the chickens stay up all night under it to catch crispy fried buggy snacks).
tongue.png

Years ago, when the zappers first came out--my parents had two near their coop. It did not seem to bother the chickens and they loved all they bugs that dropped to the ground. It attracted a lot of moths.

Ive thought of doing the same thing, I'm thinkin it sounds like hours of quality entertainment
thumbsup.gif

we have one in our run the chickens love the well done bugs and i work crazy schedule so i dont need flashlight when filling water and feeders at night we have 17 hens we get 16 to 17 eggs every day so i dont think they mind the zapper at all

Back
Top Bottom