Bugs,coop toad & some broodies pics

bayouchica

Songster
13 Years
Jan 23, 2007
N.E. Louisiana
Can anyone guess what this big bug is? The chickens were not impressed,lol. This bug wasn't very happy with all the attention,so I released it in a wood pile.

216_100_5447.jpg

This one showed up last year,turned out to be a Hercules beetle.
216_100_2615.jpg

My coop toad.
216_100_5444.jpg

This one is funny...
lau.gif

My duck, Miss Q & Fussy the Buff Orp, in the same nest... didn't last long,it started to rain & Miss Q left.
216_100_5455.jpg

Thanks for looking, Miriam
smile.png

You are one brave lady to had that beetle on your hand! I am not scared of most bugs but I think I would draw the line at that one lol! I love the toad picture-I am a frog collector for my yard and I would love to have a real toad in my yard. I did have one once show up but he/she didn't stay long. Your pictures are great as ever.

Wow, those are some great pics. I have a carport toad, lol. He lives right under my carport between the wall and the cement. When I let the dog out at night there he is sitting in the catfood dish eating away. That is a site to see. I'll have to get you guy's a pic of that.

Looks like you've found yourself another beetle. We end up having bugs like that show up during monsoon season when the storms come in from the south east.

I have a coop toad, too. Poor little guy, he's always underfoot at dusk. Evidently, you can step on a toad, smash him flat, and he will reinflate and hop away. Lucky for him, I'm a small woman!
smile.png

Thanks for the link, Guitartists.Maybe they will know what in the world it is,lol.
Can yall believe, there are two other hens waiting to use Miss Q's nest? So funny,it's like musical nestboxes over here.
roll.png

I'd love to see another one of those Hercules beetles,that was neat.That other one had some pinchers & an attitude.

Back
Top Bottom