Bugs in feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by cuntryuppiechick, Jul 18, 2011.

1. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Drove and hour and a half after calling to check that they had what I needed in stock. Arrived and was told they didn't have any. Then they did but only two bags. A $50 bag of layer ration and a long drive home only to see the 'feed' is nothing but disintegrated powder and is filled with bugs. You will not get my business again! I absolutely hate going to any of the feed or farm stores except a couple of clerks at one of the Tractor Supply are real nice and make it not too bad. Anyone else feel like you are the alien just landed at those places? Do I need to put my hair in pig tail braids and put on my Willie Nelson tshirt to get decent service?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. pjknust

pjknust Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Texas
    I ordered a soy free bag and paid $25 for shipping. When it arrived the box was full of bugs, the bag was covered in bugs, and yep, there was bugs crawling all in the feed, and the feed was mostly brown powder. Got mine from a place here in TX. His response was because it was an all natural feed that was to be expected. Wont be ordering from them again. Will probably just stick to Layena and try to convert them to pellets instead of crumbles.

pam in TX

3. cuntryuppiechick

cuntryuppiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Heck, I don't need to pay $50 for all natural bugs. I have those in the yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by