Bugs in my Manna Pro Chick Starter

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Luna_Chick66, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    I just opened a brand new bag of Manna Pro Chick Starter and it has all these little bugs in it!

[​IMG]

2. goldielocks

goldielocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Take it back and go to a different feed store or try a different kind. I always use the Purina starter and then Purina Layena...I think it sells so fast that it doesnt have time to sit and get bugs in it.

3. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    I am.

The thing is I bought it about a week ago (I bought 2 bags at the same time) and I don't have the receipt anymore.

4. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Last week I sent my wife to pick up a bag of layer mash. She told the guy mash& payed for mash, & came home with pellets. I took them back only to find that they had no mash. So I settled for grower mash. I got that home and found out It was full of bugs,and silk worms or something. So returning to the feed store for the 3rd trip I got my money back. There's other businesses that sell quality feed.

5. BOBHOPE

BOBHOPE New Egg

Sep 7, 2009
    Middle TN
    Quote:It is just weevils, I can understand if you don't want to feed it to your birds but as far as hurting your birds it wont. weevils get in any grain that isn't stored air tight .

I use my local co-op they sell very fresh feed they bag at the store, so you support your local farmers and business at the same time then.

Hope you get your feed supply issues resolved soon!

6. Stealthman

Stealthman New Egg

Sep 21, 2012
    I work for a "huge retail distribution center" and we had to destroy over 50k in manna pro product due to infestation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by