Building a INCUBATOR!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jaybob54, Jun 25, 2011.

1. jaybob54

jaybob54 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    So I wanted to save money and build a homemade incubator. How do you build one??

Please HELP MEEE!!!

PS:: FEEL FREE TO CHIP IN COMMENTS

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
  3. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    if i were to build an incubator i would copy one of the better ones that are available to buy. what are you going to use for a turner?

4. jaybob54

jaybob54 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    I don't know. probobly one from tractor supply

5. 1shotcleaner

1shotcleaner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    duke center pa 16729
    i like wood to build out of. if you are using a turner like that than id build a shelf unit like a gqf. use the top shelf to incubate and hatch on the bottom. i made a three level one, a while back. the heater was a heating element wrapped on a porclin cone witch screwed in to a socket. the hatcher was just a wire tray i made and i modified a little giant turner by adding a second set of trays and making a wooden rack to hold them i also made a long turner arm to rotate the trays. the heater was in the back on the top and the fan was in front of it and then the water pan. next shelf had eggturner.next shelf was hatchery aria. it worked well for the time i used it i sold it for 175.00 and the gir that got it loved it. the fan and heater can be switched. or you can do somthing totaly diffrent.here is a picture of a gqf set up and a hand turned homemade one that i have [​IMG][​IMG]

6. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    I built mine for about 25 bucks and can set about 18 standard eggs in it. It holds temp well and worked great the first time around. I'm on my second run now. I'm using the hot water heater thermostat with a computer fan to circulate the air. Here is the wiring diagram I followed. Every "dot" is where you'll need a wirenut.

[​IMG]

Use that setup in any cooler you want. I'm using one of the small 6 dollar gas station beer coolers. Works great. My first hatch was 4/5.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by