Building a new coop and run for my girls

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Sliprock, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Sliprock

Sliprock Lazy L Farm

Dec 3, 2011
    Dublin, GA
    Thought I would share a pic of my progress on a new chicken run I am adding to my existing hutches. I will be enclosing the hutches and making them full fledged coops. Side by Side coops will be 5' x 8' enclosed and will open up into a 24' by 17' covered run. You can also see a pic of one of my little pvc chicken tractors on the side I use when I get new chickens or have to put someone in timeout.
    We will be adding one identical to this one beside it after the first of the year sometime.
    [​IMG]

2. roxyblue

roxyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    Wow, looks nice!
    how many chickens do you have?

3. Sliprock

Sliprock Lazy L Farm

Dec 3, 2011
    Dublin, GA
    Currently we have 24...building up to be able to increase our flock a good bit in the coming year. We will have a pen for our bantams and one for our bigger girls. Going to have a couple of smaller breeding pens as well to work on certain breeds and some projects next year too. Our wants were outgrowing our space so we are getting room for future additions.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  4. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    I like it. Nice and spacious.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  5. Sliprock

Sliprock Lazy L Farm

Dec 3, 2011
    Dublin, GA
    Got the majority of the top put on yesterday afternoon, Was a sight to see...lol me and a 7yr old cutting wire, and stretching wire. Hope to keep plugging away in the evening times. I'll post pics of the top once I get it all up and fastened.

6. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Ayda

7. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    [​IMG] show us pics of the tractor.

8. colleen123

colleen123 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2013
    Southern California
    That's nice could you show the way the coop looks? I like that is a basic square run and its tall enough to walk in. I am at the moment going to get more girls and am looking to expand my run and coop. My coop is about 5 feet high and 5x5 standard box I guess you would say. My run is 5 feet high 6 feet long on each side. I only have three girls right now but I want to get 4 more girls so I think this will be to small. Also want to add a chicken garden on the side of the run that opens up for free ranging. any ideas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by