Building a New wood Incubator (Great Hatch pics pg 6)

That looks fantastic! Great job
big_smile.png

My Adult job has taken me out of town and my wife is now incubating the first set of eggs in our newly constructed incubator. The weather initially caused some temperature problems, but my wife swapped out the light bulbs and has gotten the temperature to a near perfect 99.5. We will keep you updated with the results. BTW we are incubating in an unheated room in the barn. I had to go to work before I could get the solar power installed out there, but it seems that the cement board is doing what I had hoped and keeping the temperature steady while also insulating!

Well after year of playing with the incubator and not really getting great success, we finally got it. Gave up on measuring humidity, by the book temperatures and finally dialed into a great hatch. Today was hatch day. 34 eggs set. went out this morning to get the small brooder going and there were 22 chicks in the incubator and 5 pips. By lunch we had 27 hatched. If it stops there I will be very happy, if it keeps going I will be happier still. Here is a picture.
17139_dec_09_27chicks.jpg

Chris

Back
Top Bottom