Building a New wood Incubator (Great Hatch pics pg 6)

griffin45

Songster
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
South Central Virgina
I started a new bator today. Just thought you all might want to follow my progess...

17139_incubator_0010.jpg

Screw some wood on some boards.
17139_incubator_0020.jpg

Make a box.
17139_incubator_0040.jpg

Cut box.
17139_incubator_0060.jpg

Go to Lowes spend money.

More tomorrow! I hope

Last edited:
Looking great! Just keep in mind that you may have some temp. changes often I think, since it's a wooden box. Usually it is fine but keep an eye on it! I am making a styro-bator, from an ice chest.
big_smile.png

Good luck! And great job so far! Looks like you have most everything ready and set to go.
thumbsup.gif

The next installment is going to solve the temp problems that occur with a wood box I think. If my Plan works on the mid size scale it will allow me to make bators of different sizes. This one is a bit expensive for a home built. I am already exceeding $100, and I still have to harvest a computer fan. Today should bring me to a point where Ican test run the heat.
cool.png

Yes, that is my intent. I hope I am not reinventing the wheel. I am going to use Hardi-board on the inside. That will make it quite heavy, but I think that the temperature will hold extrememly well.
big_smile.png

Day 2...

17139_incubator111.jpg

Adding Hardi-Board to the inside (composite cement).
17139_incubator112.jpg

Light fixture on the ceiling.
17139_incubator114.jpg

Anti-Fatigue matting in the bottom and a silicone water tray.
17139_incubator115.jpg

back in one piece... taking a break!
ep.gif

WOW!!!! This is one of the best(but not cheapest) homemade bators I have ever seen here! I would probably buy that one if it was for sale instead of those high priced ones that are small with all the tech and stuff any day!
big_smile.png
The best homemade bators I have seen overall here are:

***MissPrissy's Styrofoam cooler bator(a.k.a the "Chick Bator". right?
tongue.png
)

***GopherBoy-The gopherboy bator

***And your bator!

These are ranged from cheapest to priciest I think.
smile.png

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, AMAZING, AMAZING, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, FABULOUS, FABULOUS, AAAMMMAAAZZZIIINNNGGG JOB!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
thumbsup.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom