1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Building Amish Style Chicken coop on wheels

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by zekii, Mar 1, 2012.

1. zekii

zekii Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    New Hampsha
    I am currently building a Amish style chicken coop on wheels, I will post some pictures shortly.
    I have one question for the group... I want to put an attachment, link ..etc. on the coop from so I can attach
    my tractor to the coop to pull it around the yard. I am looking for this piece of hardware that I can use, but am
    drawing a blank so far. Does anyone know where I can find or reccomend a part that will work for a chicken coop to
    tractor link ?

Thanks,
    ZeKii

2. claudicles

claudicles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    I just use a rope and tie my coop to my ride on mower if i need to move it long distances. That isn't what you are after but it works.

3. LoweBow

LoweBow Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    Actually built mine on an old jet ski trailer w/ 2" ball coupler. I drop it on the atv and drag to whereever. You should be able to rig a make shift "tongue" like on a farm wagon out of a short 2x4 or 4x4 w/ a couple pcs of flat stock metal on the end w/ a pin whole in them. (one on top, one on bottom.)

4. Jaxon4141

Jaxon4141 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2012
    Nebraska
    So do any of you have some pictures you could show?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by