Building an aviary

Dfarago

Songster
Feb 23, 2019
High Desert, California
My husband and I want to build an aviary for our Muscovies. The plan is a 50ft x 50ft around 7ft tall. But we’re still in the learning stages on building stuff.

Any advice on materials, tutorial videos and/or best mesh to enclose it? We want this thing to be huge. Also any advice or pointers on housing and water systems would be appreciated.

My husband and I want to build an aviary for our Muscovies. The plan is a 50ft x 50ft around 7ft tall. But we’re still in the learning stages on building stuff.

Any advice on materials, tutorial videos and/or best mesh to enclose it? We want this thing to be huge. Also any advice or pointers on housing and water systems would be appreciated.
I love all the ideas I get from watching this company's videos. Here are some specific to ducks:

Go down to the ornamental forum down below this forum. These members keep fowl they don’t want flying off I am sure you’ll get some great ideas there.

We just finished our big huge duck run that is totally covered. It's approximately 35' x 40'. We did it ourselves and it was a lot of very hard work and took over 2 months to complete.

We used 4 x 4's for vertical supports which were all cemented in the ground. It makes it very easy for me to section off parts of the run for "problem drakes".

Hardware cloth was used all up the sides and on the bottom of the run with welded wire fencing covering the whole top. It's so big that it's hard to get good pictures. We've added a tin roof over the open area where the pens are. I don't worry about flying predators anymore!
IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1539.JPG

We just finished our big huge duck run that is totally covered. It's approximately 35' x 40'. We did it ourselves and it was a lot of very hard work and took over 2 months to complete.

We used 4 x 4's for vertical supports which were all cemented in the ground. It makes it very easy for me to section off parts of the run for "problem drakes".

Hardware cloth was used all up the sides and on the bottom of the run with welded wire fencing covering the whole top. It's so big that it's hard to get good pictures. We've added a tin roof over the open area where the pens are. I don't worry about flying predators anymore!View attachment 1948498 View attachment 1948497 View attachment 1948499 View attachment 1948500 View attachment 1948502

do you know a good place to get welded wire like you have On your roof? How big were the panels?

Back
Top Bottom