Building coop #2 - from cute and small to HEN HOUSE! Pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ks_twin_mom, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ks_twin_mom

ks_twin_mom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2011
    [​IMG]
    We are almost done... check it out on my BYC page! The home page is our first coop (2010) and then the Hen House project began!

Can't wait to finish it and get Big Jim and his girls all moved in!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. chicharomirinda

chicharomirinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Reno, NV
    Wow! looks awesome! [​IMG]

3. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful! Is there are loft up there, too?? That would be awesome to have another level to store stuff. [​IMG]

4. ks_twin_mom

Jun 26, 2011
    Thank you!

I will have some cabinets and shelves inside - along with the feeder and water. But there isn't an actual loft... I wonder....... [​IMG] the idea... as long as it's off limits to poop!!

wonder what the hubby will say.. ha ha!!

5. Hawkeye95

Quote:uh oh! LOL I was envisioning a cute little stair case up the side along the wall with a partially open loft up there to store all your stuff. I would definitely keep it off limits to the birds! [​IMG] I guess I figured you all had planned for that too! You could just put cheap chicken wire up to keep them off the stairs and in the loft. It's inside, so it won't need to be strong.

6. Hawkeye95

I'm totally enabling you to spend more money of course and make it a lot fancier than you thought! LOL

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    wow!!! Now thats really nice!! wow!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ks_twin_mom

Jun 26, 2011
    Thanks! I really like the idea of the loft.
    Originally I had plans for a different walk-in hen house that had a "tack/feed" room in the front, to store things but when I found this Open Air house - I couldn't change the set up to get the same ventilation without the drafts.
    SO.... the loft might actually work for me... hmm, see how you have me thinking! THANKS!!

[​IMG]

9. Hawkeye95

Quote:LOL! Happy to enable! [​IMG]

10. ks_twin_mom

Jun 26, 2011
    Getting more of the outside done this weekend - even though the weather didn't want to cooperate. It was very COLD today...

Here are some new shots of it...

**AND we decided to go with the loft idea so thanks for the awesome suggestion Hawkeye95!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by