Building my own chicken coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pekin12ducks, Apr 28, 2016.

1. pekin12ducks

pekin12ducks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2016
    So I don't like how my coop is set up. My duck needs to be in a more protected house! Can you guys please comment some pictures of fairly easy chicken coop (that I can build) that would protect my duck from predators! [​IMG] It would be greatly appreciated!

2. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Easy: Just replace the chicken wire here with hard wire and go a foot into the ground with it. :)
    [​IMG]

3. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks like a great design...not only for ducks, but I'm thinking it would be great for turkeys as well. Few changes in dimensions and Yeah...great looking design.

4. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Yeah I snagged it from google when I was looking for brooding coop ideas. This could easily be a 5'5'5' cube and there'd be plenty of shade.

5. Rock Home Isle

Rock Home Isle Chillin' With My Peeps

Growing up, we dealt with coyotes and the occasional fox or raccoon. We had a simple run made of 5 ft tall posts with 2x4 welded wire. Inside the run was a wooden box that was 3 ft X 4 ft, and what 3 ft high. Simple hinged door and it kept both our ducks, Henry and Maxine, safe for many years. The ducks ranged all over the property during the day, while being safe, comfy and cozy at night. It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by