1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

building my own incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by davedavey, Feb 22, 2014.

1. davedavey

davedavey Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    Instead of buying an automatic turner can a rack mounted on a dowel going threw the incubator wall work? just put some blocks under each end of the rack, so you can adjust how far the eggs are tilted. And just tilt that 3 times a day, back and fourth. Of course I am also thinking of putting egg holders on the rack. Dave

2. davedavey

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    Ya Dave I think that would work really well. As long as you seal where the dowels go through the incubator walls.

3. davedavey

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    WOW!!!! pure genius that would work great. I think I will try that in my bator build. You are one of the most innovative people I have seen comment on here. I wish I was YOU!

4. stormrider1

stormrider1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2013
    I think I did what your talking about, but I used pvc instead of a dowel. I just turn it from side to side at least 3 times a day.

[​IMG]

5. davedavey

Sep 13, 2013
    washington state
    Thank you finally got some kind of response. Yes that is what I was talking about. Ok now I SEE A PIC SO I have an Idea. Thank you very much. Dave

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by