Building our coop this weekend!

nuttyredhead

Songster
10 Years
May 3, 2010
Southern NH
We are building our coop this weekend, any advice on how to do it so it looks nice, withstand NH winter's, but not break the bank or take forever??? It's asking alot I know! We aren't new to chicken owning, but we used our shed to house them preciously and that won't work this time around. (I also have a husband, god love him, that will make it much more difficult that it should be ! ) So I need some good ideas!! Any help would be great!

We found steel siding used on kiijji for outside. inside we used particle board and I painted everything white . Some people on here laughed at my photos , but 5 years later I can wipe down the walls and it looks good as new . I’d advise a scrap a linoleum on the floors, we have sand on top of it but when we had a big water spill we were glad we did that . We get cold here so we insulated ( foam ), walls , ceiling and floors .. never regretted it yet .good luck and have fun you guys

We are building our coop this weekend, any advice on how to do it so it looks nice, withstand NH winter's, but not break the bank or take forever??? It's asking alot I know!
IMO, it takes more than a few days to plan a coop build.

A Woods Fresh Air Poultry house might take too long, a Hoop Coop would be fast and less expensive. Here is @aart Hoop Coop build. JT
My hoop coop is not for layers or northern winters.
The Woods would be a good choice tho...as far as the plans all being there, tho they might take time to decipher even for the skilled.

Back
Top Bottom