1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Building Your Own Coop--the Inspiration and the View

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Shobe Biz, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Shobe Biz

Shobe Biz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
    A friend of mine built a coop all by herself. You can do it. It can be economically constructed of recycled wood and it can have whatever view you want. Here's an inspirational article I wrote about it on my Chicken-Women blog. http://chicken-women.blogspot.com/

I did not build the coop in my backyard but partnered with someone to help me do it. It is fun (and somewhat challenging) to build your own coop but the rewards are HUGE. I highly recommend it!

2. tyjaco

tyjaco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Cloverdale, CA
    it sure takes a lot longer than one would expect... :)

3. Shobe Biz

Shobe Biz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
    Agreed! We did the proverbial getting the chickens before the coop. It became almost urgent for us to build the coop. But, we love what we built and it's fun because it's our creation. I read somewhere that the more pieced together the coop is the more loved it is. Well, ours is certainly pieced together and we love it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by