Built an incubator, got the eggs, set 6/22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kjhowe77, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kjhowe77

kjhowe77 Chirping

May 27, 2010
    Broome County, NY
    I have been working on my first homemade incubator this past week. I have looked through the many designs here for ideas and hopefully this will work! I am trying to get the temperature stabilized more, it seems to range between 96.9 - 101.3. I just moved my thermostat closer to the light with the back facing it, so hopefully that will help. I do have a pc fan to help with circulation. My husband will be bringing home eggs from a co-worker some day this week for me to hatch. I think most will be crosses but I don't care at this point, I just want to hatch something! [​IMG]

Here is a top view of it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. Bacongirl27

Bacongirl27 In the Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    Arizona
    Good luck!!! They will be worth the wait! I hope it works out for you! [​IMG]

3. kjhowe77

kjhowe77 Chirping

May 27, 2010
    Broome County, NY
    Dh brought home 7 eggs today! I will be setting them tonight! I hope this works.

[​IMG]

4. kjhowe77

kjhowe77 Chirping

May 27, 2010
    Broome County, NY
    I don't see how I will last 21 days, I keep running to the basement to make sure the temp stays stable and everything looks good. I must go down there every 10 minutes, [​IMG] I wanted to keep the incubator on the dining room table but the air conditioner is in the window there so that wouldn't be good so I decided to put it in the basement where the temp is lower but stable.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by