1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Built my first Incubator! PICS included, plz give me advice!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by oodymex, Jan 21, 2009.

1. oodymex

oodymex Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    so after looking at everyone elses incubators i decided to make myself one... not from stirofoam but out of my small filing cabnet thingy that i got at a yard sale months ago. i just popped a hole in the back put in the light bulb and added aluminum sides (to raise the temp or lower it if i needed to). i took out the top drawer and put window frames their so i could view inside the incubator. hah and it got wheels [​IMG] lol....im not sure if thats a good thing though (i wouldn't wont my lil bro to try and roll it around) [​IMG]
    well i would appreciate it a lot if yah would put yah's 2 cents in. any thing i need to add to it or take away.lol. thanks alot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yup their u have it. thanks alot. [​IMG]

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    looks good, but i have one suggestion. The bottom looks like the eggs wil roll around quite a bit. I would but in some shelf liner or someting to stop the eggs from rolling. [​IMG]

3. oodymex

oodymex Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    well i was planning on using egg cartons to put the eggs in and then when they were gonna hatch move them to a metal tray or something of that sort. your idea works great too, thanks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by