Bulbul is afraid of her new cage..

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
So last night i heard a cat meowing... Now usually this isnt a big deal... BUT i remembered that my bulbul is outside!

I litteraly rushed outside grabbed a rock ready for some cat fights... I litteraly saw the freaking cat on top of my birdie's cage.. I threw the rock so hard out of panic... Now thankfully i got the bulbul successfully and i let him sleep with me in the bed.. It was so cute.... So my uncle today bought a beautiful new cageso we can put him inside instead of the large gigantic puppy crate he had which was intended for baby chicks..

One problem only...

My bulbul is absloutely terrified of this wooden cage...

Now the cage was made specifically for bulbul birds.. And she cant even look at it... How am i going to make my bulbul not scared of the cage?

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_082935.jpg
    IMG_20200720_082935.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 19
So last night i heard a cat meowing... Now usually this isnt a big deal... BUT i remembered that my bulbul is outside!

I litteraly rushed outside grabbed a rock ready for some cat fights... I litteraly saw the freaking cat on top of my birdie's cage.. I threw the rock so hard out of panic... Now thankfully i got the bulbul successfully and i let him sleep with me in the bed.. It was so cute.... So my uncle today bought a beautiful new cageso we can put him inside instead of the large gigantic puppy crate he had which was intended for baby chicks..

One problem only...

My bulbul is absloutely terrified of this wooden cage...

Now the cage was made specifically for bulbul birds.. And she cant even look at it... How am i going to make my bulbul not scared of the cage?
Try treats and time.
Is she tame?
What you could do is keep her in the puppy crate for a little while longer, and keep the cage nearby. Each day move it a bit closer, get her used to it.
Here's a video to back up what I said:

Try treats and time.
Is she tame?
What you could do is keep her in the puppy crate for a little while longer, and keep the cage nearby. Each day move it a bit closer, get her used to it.
Here's a video to back up what I said:

She would rather fly strait from the cage to my shoulders than to go eat food... Trust me.

Back
Top Bottom