bulk cheap feed OHIO

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by nadams4, Jan 29, 2008.

1. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    Anyone know of a feed mill in Ohio that has reasonable prices?

I am sick of paying high prices at 'tractor supply company'!

Any tips would be great!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    you ever tried an agway?

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Try to get together with your "chicken" friends and combine your money and buy a ton at a time. That is 40 50lb bags of food. They should give you a better price.

I buy a ton at a time like that now and am saving about $5-6 a bag now. The dealer just orders for me and we pick up the food on a pallet and bring it home. No stocking and he gives me and my friend a good deal.

The price of feed has skyrocketed, it is rumored that Purina Start & Grow will reach $22-$24 a bag this year. It's outrageous. I keep hearing it is because of "all the corn is being used for ethinol". Well, I have never seen it advertised up here and I don't know of anyone who uses it.......

Jean

4. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    ha! TSC is cheaper than our mill out by us. we have a landmark store (champaign landmark) but to buy by the 50# bag, its the same or more than TSC.

5. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    I have never tried an agway? how would i look them up?

Thats a great idea jean, thanks for the advice!

yeah im sure TSC is more expensive than some.

I was thinking of checking out amish feed mills.

6. coowella

coowella New Egg

Jan 31, 2008
    I do not know where you are but I go to Mt Hope Feed Mill in Ohio which I think is Amish owned?
    I pay $13.00 for a 50lb bag it may be higher now >>>GAS PRICES<<<<<
    Not sure if the price I pay is good or bad to you???
    [​IMG]

7. newchickmom

newchickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ours just went up to 11.49 for a 50lb bag of starter.

And I thought that was bad.[​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Those gov funding people need to fund projects looking into food waste or non food items to make their ethanol!

9. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    pips&peeps :

Try to get together with your "chicken" friends and combine your money and buy a ton at a time. That is 40 50lb bags of food. They should give you a better price.

I buy a ton at a time like that now and am saving about $5-6 a bag now. The dealer just orders for me and we pick up the food on a pallet and bring it home. No stocking and he gives me and my friend a good deal.

The price of feed has skyrocketed, it is rumored that Purina Start & Grow will reach $22-$24 a bag this year. It's outrageous. I keep hearing it is because of "all the corn is being used for ethinol". Well, I have never seen it advertised up here and I don't know of anyone who uses it.......

Jean

Man if feed cost go up that much how much is OUR food cost at the grocery store going to be. I thought the government was trying to get us out of a recession. Guess my tax check will go for chicken food.​

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  10. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    wow,and I thought $8.90 was bad for 50# thats for starter, grower, or laying mash

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by