bulk cheap feed OHIO

nadams4

Songster
11 Years
Jan 29, 2008
Ohio
Anyone know of a feed mill in Ohio that has reasonable prices?

I am sick of paying high prices at 'tractor supply company'!

Any tips would be great!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Try to get together with your "chicken" friends and combine your money and buy a ton at a time. That is 40 50lb bags of food. They should give you a better price.

I buy a ton at a time like that now and am saving about $5-6 a bag now. The dealer just orders for me and we pick up the food on a pallet and bring it home. No stocking and he gives me and my friend a good deal.

The price of feed has skyrocketed, it is rumored that Purina Start & Grow will reach $22-$24 a bag this year. It's outrageous. I keep hearing it is because of "all the corn is being used for ethinol". Well, I have never seen it advertised up here and I don't know of anyone who uses it.......

Jean

ha! TSC is cheaper than our mill out by us. we have a landmark store (champaign landmark) but to buy by the 50# bag, its the same or more than TSC.

I have never tried an agway? how would i look them up?

Thats a great idea jean, thanks for the advice!

yeah im sure TSC is more expensive than some.

I was thinking of checking out amish feed mills.

I do not know where you are but I go to Mt Hope Feed Mill in Ohio which I think is Amish owned?
I pay $13.00 for a 50lb bag it may be higher now >>>GAS PRICES<<<<<
Not sure if the price I pay is good or bad to you???
smile.png

pips&peeps :

Try to get together with your "chicken" friends and combine your money and buy a ton at a time. That is 40 50lb bags of food. They should give you a better price.

I buy a ton at a time like that now and am saving about $5-6 a bag now. The dealer just orders for me and we pick up the food on a pallet and bring it home. No stocking and he gives me and my friend a good deal.

The price of feed has skyrocketed, it is rumored that Purina Start & Grow will reach $22-$24 a bag this year. It's outrageous. I keep hearing it is because of "all the corn is being used for ethinol". Well, I have never seen it advertised up here and I don't know of anyone who uses it.......

Jean

Man if feed cost go up that much how much is OUR food cost at the grocery store going to be. I thought the government was trying to get us out of a recession. Guess my tax check will go for chicken food.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom