Bull Riding by a old little fat farmer.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Grim, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Grim

Grim Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    yep got your attention didn't i. i'm going bull trail riding tomorrow. yep me and 1800 lbs of beef on the hoof and open trail. why risk bodily harm? because it's the fatherly thing to do. oldest son has a friend that wants to go trail riding with us tomorrow. i said his friend could ride my horse and I'd ride the bull. i know you are thinking, this guy is crazy, lost his mind he's gonna get killed...... or you are thinking whats the catch???

well here it is. T-bone my bull (Poll Hereford) is about as aggressive as a sack of feathers. he thinks he's a dog. he was a 4-H calf. he's used to having someone ride him. the hardest part is keeping him moving,(i use a walking stick to bump him in the butt.) i've only seen him aggressive once. spring and he got out and "visited" the neighbor's field. lets just say the local bull didn't give him a warm welcome. since them never had a problem except to anyone carrying a bucket. ever tried to carry a bucket with a bulls head in it.

on to another subject me and my wife are the same age. so if she is 25........again......... does that mean i'm 25 too? or...........*walks off whistling and waits for response.*

2. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    awesome, I want to see a picture!

3. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    PICTURES!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Actually.... I'd like to see a nice Hereford bull!! Owner can't have any in his herds.... bulls or heifers... somehow or another... they never last more then a year [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

In bulls, we have 11 Black Angus, 7 Herefords, & 5 Brahmas. The Herefords are by far, the mellowest. The rest are ok in the pastures, but get them Brahmas in the working pen, you better have a good horse, or be able to climb like a monkey! [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, 1 Red Angus.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
  5. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Gotta see a pic. [​IMG]

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

I thought I was the only one that nuts. [​IMG] I used to have a huge Watusi steer broke to ride. Had to stay in open areas though, those horns kept me off the horse trails. [​IMG]

7. Grim

Grim Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    i'm camera shy and my DW won't let me near her camera anyway. i'll try though. no promises.

i notice everyone is avoiding my question though? it's a very grave matter that could effect my sleeping arrangement, not to mention if she stops cooking for me i could lose the baby (thats the only way i can explain this midline bulge that keeps growing.)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  8. Sir Birdaholic

In the little town right above me, a man rode a Kianina (sp) ox that was 5000 lb. He would ride it in the parades. It was HUGE! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Quote:Chiangus (sp?) bull calf, at ear taggin time... THAT sent me over the 8ft fence in an instant [​IMG] DH thought I got head butted in the pettard I went over so fast [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Grim.... can't answer your question [​IMG] sorry!!!

10. Sir Birdaholic

[​IMG] It's amazing how fast I still am at 53 years old, with a Brahma at my heels! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by