Bulldogs? Now Dobermans?!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by animalpro24, Jun 5, 2011.

1. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Okay I'm in love with English bulldogs and is wondering if bulldog owners could post pics of theirs.
    Thanks! Ok changing things up a bit, I also love Dobermans, soooo post pics of your Dobies! Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  2. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    I love them too. If you are thinking about buying one, be really really careful. This is one breed that has been puppy-milled for years and a great percentage of the puppy out there will end up with hip or elbow dysplasia. Get one from a breeder who OFA certifies his breeding stock.

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I love english bulldogs too. I will be watching this thread! [​IMG]

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

This is one of my favorite little guys at work. I work for a dog grooming salon and this little guy, Buster, doesn't get along with other dogs, so he hangs with me in the bathing area all day [​IMG] He is a 3 year old English Bulldog!

[​IMG]

5. egg_tastic

egg_tastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    NC Foothills
    Quote:Agree, be very careful whom you purchase this breed from! Also, breathing problems can be an issue.

6. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I agree!!! Do your research and pick a good breeder!!! My boy Bluto is a rescue and has numerous health problems!!! From liver, to severe arthritis to seizures & thyroid problems but I still love him dearly! I recommend finding a knowledgeable bully vet!! Poor Bluto went almost 2 years undiagnosed until I was able to find a good vet that knew and understood bullies. Bluto also had severe aggression related to his thyroid and liver issues and once that came under control he is a different boy. All the other vets I tried, chalked it up to being a "bully" So finding a good bully vet is the key!!!

But here is my boy Bluto and is 5 years old. I adopted him when he was about 1 year old and he had already been shuffled around to several different homes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. RyanJames202

RyanJames202 New Egg

Mar 4, 2011
    My Bulldog Abby [​IMG]

8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Quote:Abby is adorable!

9. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Ah haha Bullys are awesome!
    Just if you get one do NOT get one from a Back yard breeder, be very very careful about where you get one from. AKC or UKC or any of those registered dog show clubs should have a good list of repreable breeders. There are just to many problems in the breed, so you just have to make sure you get a good one that wont end up as a "vet bill" sorta speak.

10. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

I agree with everyone else, buy from a trusted breeder. Here is our two year old Ellie Mae. She had to have surgery for screwtail, cherry eye and several other problems and was a puppy mill dog.

With that being said, she is one of our children and we all love her so much.

Even when she is pouting because she can't get on the sofa and goes and tries to sit in the kindling box. Like putting a 55 pound sausage in a 5 pound casing...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by