Bullies- What can I do?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 79fordgirl, Jan 18, 2013.

1. 79fordgirl

79fordgirl New Egg

Jan 10, 2013
    My barred rock (mostly) and my silver laced wyandotte are pecking the comb and face of my NH red. She doesn't fight back or run away, she just puts her head down and allows them to do it. They have a regular diet of layer pellets, tuna, plain yogurt and some cat food (tuna and yogurt for the winter months).
    They started this 2 weeks ago, and I separated them (thinking they were doing this in their hut at night) and then everything was okay, Red was able to heal and the other two girls left her alone. Then it started again yesterday.
    My girls free range on 5 acres, but mostly stay close to their hut and the horses. I have been able to figure out that they don't peck her in their hut, only outside during the day....

Is it boredom? or Curiosity? Red is the only one with a large single comb, the other two have a rose comb and a veryyyyy small single comb.

I am going to build a divider in their hut so Red can stay in there, heal and be next to them.
    What else can I do or try? If my girls keep this up, I am going to have some chicken soup!

2. countrygirl74

countrygirl74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Northern Arizona
  3. 79fordgirl

79fordgirl New Egg

Jan 10, 2013
    Thank you!!! That was helpful! Patty is going to jail as she is the convicted felon here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by