Bully chick maybe a rooster?

sdaikus

Chirping
Mar 20, 2016

What's your guess?

She's very bossy, kinda mean and flys around a lot! I'm hoping she's just a dominant female, but I don't think so..

I'm curious to see what you all think
1f601.png

He/she is aggressive .. Should I separate? She hasn't hurt any of them yet. She just seems very rough.

Haha this is very true! I guess I'm just a wuss.

He is jumping on their backs, pecks at their faces and chases them around like a mad man.

@Ol Grey Mare

If you didn't intend to keep a rooster, I vote to get rid of him. No reason to keep a male bird just cause you got an Oops.

If you decide to keep him, he's fine to stay in the flock, but you need to be sure everyone has lots of space. And keep in mind, he'll be sexually mature a good month before your pullets are, so there can be some distressing attempts at mating.

Bullies do come in both sexes and unless blood is really drawn, he would be okay. Pecking order can seem pretty savage as they learn and establish their ranks, but yeah, it's a cockerel. If you don't want one, don't keep him. I love my roosters, but unless you want to breed and have to figure what to do with extra males every time chicks hatch, no need to have one, necessarily.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom