1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bully quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Dani xxx, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Dani xxx

Dani xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2016
    Farnham common bucks uk
    How long should I keep my bully quail separated before trying to put her back ? X

2. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Can you put her in a smaller cage within the bigger cage? I'd leave her there for a week and try her back in with the others. If she's still going to be a pain put her back in the little cage and give her another week. Sometimes certain individuals just don't get along.

3. Dani xxx

Oct 23, 2016
    Farnham common bucks uk
    Thank you I'm so disappointed this happened it was all going too well other than getting a male by accident ! X I can't put it in the other cage easily so she will be in the brooder on her own inside ! X dill the injured quail is doing ok out with the others again just been to check on her again ! X anise is the naughty quail

4. Manor Hatchery

Manor Hatchery Just Hatched

Dec 11, 2016
    If I were you I would make dinner out of the bully or any future bullies you run into.

5. Dani xxx

Oct 23, 2016
    Farnham common bucks uk
    She has been back for an hour or so and so far so good she was running around dust bathing and flapping a bit but seems excited to be back and not making contact with anyone dill actually sat with her in the house I will keep checking on them throughout day fingers crossed they were all eating sweetcorn and meal worms happily when I left them :)

6. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Great to hear [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by