bully sticks

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Crittercrzy, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Crittercrzy

Crittercrzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Tennessee
    I was wondering if anyone gives their dogs Bully sticks and if so do you order them online? I found a good deal on them once but can't remember the site..My Lab can't have rawhides,,they DO NOT agree with her..so I've been buying bully sticks from a petstore ,but OMG are they expensive..

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
  3. animalgirl2010

animalgirl2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    bootheel of missouri
  4. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Quote:That's where I get mine, best price I've found yet and with so many dogs at any given time.... I buy in bulk!

5. Melissakins

Melissakins Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    South Alabama
    Ebay has great deals on buying them in bulk - you can buy bully pieces too instead of a whole bully stick. AND they have them in different lengths [​IMG]

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Not to be a wet dishrag (or however the saying goes) but dogs can choke on them, and they can get stuck in the esophagus. We've done more than a couple of endoscopies to retrieve large chunks that dogs have tried unsuccessfully swallow. I know lots and lots of people feed them, and rawhides, with no problems, but just be aware of the risks.
    Ok. Naysaying done. [​IMG]

7. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Quote:I don't let me dogs have rawhides or anything like them. My old boxer got a chunk stuck in his throat one day...not only was it very scary but it was really gross when I finally got it out. So no rawhides here. They get actual bones like the big ones you can buy at the best store or like dentabones. and I make sure everyone is careful with them. Does anyone know of any other "safer" chews for dogs?

8. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I've always given my dogs Nylabones to chew on. Even my aggressive-chewer pitbull can't crack large pieces off of them.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Jax has a really hard nylabone - hard white. He's frayed it around the edges but hasn't been able to chew it up.
    He also has a natural rubber nylabone that he can destroy, but it takes him awhile.
    I buy tons of the Nylabone Healthy Edibles for him to have a special treats. He loves these, but they are gone in minutes.
    When all else fails, I give him carrots to gnaw on. He love those too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by