Bully Update

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herfrds, May 8, 2011.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    While were eating at our favorite cafe today for Mother's Day I was teasing my DS about something. we were just giving each other a bad time in a fun way.

he suddenly looked at me and said, "Mom you know these boots I just got are great defense."

What brought this up?
    That bully at school who punched him last month has not stopped his stuff yet, but after this he might.
    He kicked DS between the legs. DS returned the favor.

Bully was wearing running shoes.
    DS was wearing heavy duty work boots.

I know who lost that kicking contest.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Ouch.

I'm not one to promote violence, but I think all kids should know how to fight.
    It'll really come in handy if they ever needed to defend themselves, and it sounds like the bully needs to be put in their place.
    I hope that your son has shown that he's not going to put up with it, and the bullying stops.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I don't advocate violence either, however, if the kid can give he better be able to take it.

5. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    It is just this one kid where it used to be several. So the number is getting less.

He did have one kid in his class say alot of nasty things to him last week. this kid was one of the bullies from before.
    DS tossed him into a stack of chairs and told him to shut his mouth. [​IMG]
    This is my "never fight back" DS. (I'm laying on the floor stunned.)
    Told him to next time to tell this kid to shut up and don't toss him again.
    kid told him he was not wanted at the 8th grade graduation deal they are having and don't show up along with several other things DS wouldn't repeat.

So I guess we are down to 2 bullies.

6. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    Sorry your child is having such a tough time. Not sure why kids have to be mean to each other...guess it's been happening since the beginning of time. Cain even killed his own brother. My son's school has a bully box that you can put someone's name in anonymously. They also have cameras in the hallways to catch any bad behaviors. Sounds like you advocate what I do, don't start a fight but darn well finish it!!! Can't let bullies push you around or else who knows how far they will go.

7. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Is it wrong to think boys will be boys? In about 5th grade my brother got bullied a bit, despite that he could have beaten up any one of the kids in his grade or the grade above. He let it get physical and then got ruffed up a bit to much. Mom was upset and tried the talk it out method, but my dad said that next time my brother should do some damage back. The next time someone did something stupid to them, my brother threw a good hard punch, and said next time it would be in the aggressors face. That was that. In all reality, I think boys need to duke it out. Its kinda like a pecking order for kids. : )

8. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    It isn't just boys. When I was a freshman in high school two girls jumped me in the upstairs bathroom. I got one in a headlock and whapped the other one over the head with my big heavy purse. They never bothered me again. Ever. I don't know why they attacked me in the first place. I didn't know those girls. Maybe they thought I was an easy target. Big mistake.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ms.Frizzle :

Is it wrong to think boys will be boys? In about 5th grade my brother got bullied a bit, despite that he could have beaten up any one of the kids in his grade or the grade above. He let it get physical and then got ruffed up a bit to much. Mom was upset and tried the talk it out method, but my dad said that next time my brother should do some damage back. The next time someone did something stupid to them, my brother threw a good hard punch, and said next time it would be in the aggressors face. That was that. In all reality, I think boys need to duke it out. Its kinda like a pecking order for kids. : )

Withe level of bullying these days, it isn't like it was when I was a kid. Kids threw stuff at me, called me names, but never became physical like they do so often today.

I say for the kid that fought back. As I said before if you can give it you better be able to take it.​

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Amen to that! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by