Bullying continues need advice

Discussion in 'Geese' started by BHep, May 11, 2011.

1. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I posted a week or so ago. My Sebastopol gosling is a bully ! They are 3 1/2 weeks old today. (hatched 4/17) Tiki & Sparrow. Sparrow is constantly nibbling at Tiki's back. Last night I heard Tiki cring. I went to check and Sparrow had pulled Tiki's feathers out of her wing and she was bleeding. I seperated them. !!!

They are now going outside to the barnyard everyday from aprox. 7-7:30am until dusk. 8pm ish. Unless it is cold & rainy...then they stay in my office with me or in the laundry room. They roam, graze, sleep etc. I only bring them into the house to sleep in a huge rubber tote. I have followed some advice and added bird toys to the tote. They do play with them so that was great advice.

I do not know what to do. [​IMG] They are inseperable. But last night Tiki did not even mind going on her own , only whislted to each other for a few minutes after I turned the lights out. The all was quiet.

I am praying Sparrow grows out of this.

Please...... anyone have this problem or advice. Thanks

2. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Somewhere in my reading I saw that ; too high of heat in a brooder , too little space, not enough greens can all lead to feather picking.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  3. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    Thanks.... no heat lamp at all. Huge brooder & they are outside all day. So plenty of greens.

I brought them inside tonight and just put them in seperate brooders again, without even a whistle. [​IMG] they are insepatable all day with no problems, only happens at night . I will blame bordom [​IMG]

As long as they don't mind sleeping alone we are all good. [​IMG]

Hope she outgrows the picking before they move outside permenatly. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by