BULLYING!! NEED HELP’n

CaseysChicken

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2021
Recently I added two Silkies to my flock however one of them was a rooster so had to be returned to original owner as I can’t have more than two roosters in my yard, the remaining Silkie is a hen but a lot smaller than my other flock, she is being bullied massively by the other chickens, I made she she was integrated properly however it’s not stopping anything! I have made she they all have enough room and food and water I’ve tried bordem busters but nothing is helping! Any advice? All she wants to do is hide under my feet or coming inside with me:(

You are facing a problem that may not be easily correctable. Silkies are a docile breed and overall smaller than standard breeds. Both of these traits make it very difficult for a Silkie to live in a flock of standard size chickens, especially when she's the only one of her kind.

Silkies should come with a warning label: "Best if kept in a flock of their own kind."

My solution would involves getting her a few companions and reserving a section of the run as "Silkie Territory".

Back
Top Bottom