bullying

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jimcurran, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jimcurran

jimcurran New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    I have 2 large, 2 medium and one very small black chicken with feathered feet. (Can't remember the make). The small one has loads of feathers and most of its comb missing because the others keep attacking it. How do I stop this ?

2. mrsc1951

mrsc1951 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Largo, Florida
    First, [​IMG]. Is the little one younger than the rest? You don't say if this is a new problem or give age differences so tough to give advice. If it is an ongoing problem, I understand that pinless peepers are about the best solution. That or rehome or cull the culprit. If it is all the others picking on the little one, you may want to consider separate pens. Good luck. Please feel free to supply more info so someone with more experience can reply. Good luck to you.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    How much space do you have?

4. jimcurran

jimcurran New Egg

Aug 19, 2013
    Me again. I think I've found the cause of the bullying; When I let the buggers out in the morning, the littlun stays in her box. Then, once she's alone she nicks the others' eggs. So I assume that's why they pick on her. OR maybe it's because my grand daughter treats it as a pet and keeps picking it up and walking round with it. It's definitely easier to keep runner beans and cabbages.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by