Bum foot or leg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cornfedhogedito, Nov 23, 2014.

1. cornfedhogedito

cornfedhogedito Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    California USA
    So, after reducing the run size and not letting him out to run around its getting worse. Soaked him in Epson salt for about a half hour, he actually went to sleep! Any way, inspected again and did not see anything obvious, no bubble foot or cuts. He did not show any sings of being hurt when I squeezed, gently but firmly, his foot and leg. The dark spots on the "scales" has been there since he hatched and has them on both feet
    .[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help, have a video but can not get it to load.

2. Moody Broody

Moody Broody Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2014
    Sorry, do you mean 'bumble foot' ?
    Generally associated with a black scab and swelling on the pad of the foot. If this is what you are referring to, I don't believe this chicken has it, as I can't see a scab or much swelling.
    Sorry if it isn't. :)

3. cornfedhogedito

cornfedhogedito Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    California USA
    Yes that is what I ment, not sure if auto correct is to blame for that typo or my fat fingers! I'm thinking that it is just a bad sprain. I let them out on Thanksgiving and he hopped a lot less. He is still eating and drinking fine, just not scratching the ground up. I also have not seen him service his ladies now that I think about it. But any way thanks for the second opinion.

4. Moody Broody

Moody Broody Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2014
    Sounds good, and I hope it turns out all well for you both :)
    just keep an eye on it, and keep it clean.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by