Bumble fingers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazypetlady, Aug 9, 2011.

1. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

AGH!!! I was adding some water to the bator and I touched the heat element buring my hand and then I jerked and wacked one of the 3 WC Cuckoo Polish eggs that is due to hatch Sat.

I checked it and it didn't cracj so hopefully it will be ok. I just candled them this am and the chick in the egg next to it moved when the light hit it. Hopefully I didn't hurt the egg/chick.

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Oh no!! I hope the chicken is ok. I figure that the eggs get knocked around a bit when they're under a hen, so hopefully this just made that egg's gestation more authentic.

Are you ok? Is your hand burned, or were you just startled?

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    OMGosh you should see what little quails do to the eggs. Crash, bang, crack, jump on, jump off. I think ur egg should be fine.
    Michele

4. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

I didn't get burned just startled. I also have thiss fear of getting tangled in the bator cords and sending the whole thing crashing to the floor, I am kind of a dork, lol hopefully that won't happen.....[​IMG]

5. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Quote:Haha I always watch my incubator cord because that is MY fear!!! I'm a huge klutz....but with shear diligence I can overcome it hahahaha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by