Bumble foot and swollen face

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by futurevet1010, Jun 23, 2016.

1. futurevet1010

futurevet1010 Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    One of my BO isn't doing so well. Her face in swelling (only on one side) and it's not going down. I've looked at other posts and gathered that it might be a respiratory issue (bronchitis?)She also has bumble foot. I've been soaking the infected foot in some warm water mixed with Epsom salt. I've also been applying antibacterial cream as well as hemorrhoid cream (it's supposed to reduce swelling) to the infected foot, as well as warping it. I read about this donut shaped wrap that will ease the pressure on the bumble foot, and I think I will try that next. Will this affect her eggs and therefore should we not eat them? Should I quarantine her if it really in bronchitis? Any suggestions? I would LOVE to hear them! Thanks!!

[​IMG]

2. riverlane91

riverlane91 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2014
    I would start her on tetracycline and quarantine her just incase. Also on the foot, keep doing the anti bacterial cream and then coat it in Vaseline to try to suffocate any parasites that might be in the foot. Good luck!

3. futurevet1010

Jun 22, 2016
    Thank you for the advice! I will definitely try it[​IMG]

4. futurevet1010

Jun 22, 2016
    I put the donut splint on her foot and she is walking A LOT better with it on now that the pressure is relieved from the spot of bumble foot. I also noticed a small red dot on the swollen part of her face and I put antibacterial cream on it, and i'm getting Vaseline right now, again thanks for the advice!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by