Bumble foot, before and after

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kanga77510, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    Here's the first pics of my girl with bumble foot. Notice the huge scab and swelling into the webbing of her foot. That scab was the size of a pea or larger. Blech. It's been a long road, using the koi fish dip and finally getting help from a local avian vet.

#1 Scab [​IMG]

#2 Swelling [​IMG]

#3 Mostly healed up and healthy pink. [​IMG]

2. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    That is fantastic. Congratulations! How did the fish medicine work? I have bought it but have not had to use it on my girls. I have performed surgery before. And also taken them to the vet. Did the vet perform surgery?

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Wow...she had a bad one! So much better now!! [​IMG]

4. Kanga77510

Kanga77510 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Santa Fe, TX
    Quote:It worked OK, but not 100%. Maybe up to 75% recovery with the fish stuff. The vet didn't do surgery, she was amazed at how well I'd done with the feet before I'd called her. I performed surgery on this girl twice, pulling out two different cores/gobs of junk. It was so gross. I want a Merit Badge or something. [​IMG]

5. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:It worked OK, but not 100%. Maybe up to 75% recovery with the fish stuff. The vet didn't do surgery, she was amazed at how well I'd done with the feet before I'd called her. I performed surgery on this girl twice, pulling out two different cores/gobs of junk. It was so gross. I want a Merit Badge or something. [​IMG]

Oh I agree. The first time I thought it was disgusting but also awesome all at once. I was scared to death to dig in the foot. I had 2 girls that had it and I had to perform the surgery twice as well. I took them to the vet because it came back on one but she checked the other one and it looked fantastic. Yeah us! [​IMG] the other one was a little tougher to treat. I think they are both doing good now. Thankfully.

And I award you a you the Bumblefoot surgery award. Sorry nothing fancy but at least you can say you did it!

Lisa

6. SilkieTime

SilkieTime Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Joelton Tn.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You're very brave. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  7. Causin Chaos

Causin Chaos Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2009
    Looks great! I hope I dont have to deal with it again....lol