emmabellybutton

Chirping
Feb 11, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a little mule baby girl (half muscovy, half magpie duck) named Eagle who had a scab develop on her big foot pad. I'll post some photos. Last night I gave her a warm epsom salt soak for 30 mins and the scab popped off with some effort, only a tiny pin prick of blood that stopped bleeding immediately. I am wary of cutting into anything or doing anything invasive, I did feel around and squeeze the tissue under the scab and it is all soft, no goo, puss and no korn or anything hard inside. The scab also looks a little different from the photos I've seen of bumble foot so I'm not sure if it's that. She's on rimadyl for pain/inflammation and antibiotics as of last night (prescribed and received through our vet, who can't see her until tuesday). I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of what this is, does it look really bad? Or does it look more mild like I might be able to treat it at home if I keep giving her epsom salt baths at night and cleaning/changing the bandage 2-3 times per day? I've been spraying it with vetericyn and wrapping with a cotton pad, vet wrap and some medical tape, not too tight. The most concerning part to me so far is how the skin under that scab is greenish in color, is that really bad? but again, no puss or anything came out and it all feels soft like the rest of her foot pads. Thanks so much in advance.

Attachments

• Scab.jpg
    Scab.jpg
    425.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Scab1.jpg
    Scab1.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Epsom salt soak.jpg
    Epsom salt soak.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 16
  • after removing scab.jpg
    after removing scab.jpg