bumble foot surgery

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sundayschicks, Sep 28, 2011.

1. sundayschicks

sundayschicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    Elizabethton
    just did my first bumble foot surgery. don't know how well i did. i managed to get the scab off and squeeze out bunch of gunk, but i don;t know if i got it all. i'm still shaking! my poor hen!

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Good for you! Keep us updated on how she's doing. Is she getting antibiotics, got her foot wrapped?

3. kittycooks

kittycooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Good for you for trying. I am on day 17 of my hen's surgery. I keep telling myself I am doing everything I can to extend her life. Good luck to you and your hen! Dotties bumblefoot journey

4. nuchickontheblock

nuchickontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    south portland, maine
    Kittycooks, I bookmarked your page in the event I ever have to treat one of my girls. Clear, concise, well-documented. thanks.
    [​IMG] Paula

5. sundayschicks

sundayschicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    Elizabethton
    well my bumble foot hen is doing well. i have one more to do. i replaced all the perches in the hen house,and lowered them as well.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. opalwednesday

opalwednesday Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Ridgecrest
    sunday'schicks, did your chickens foot look like the photos on dottie's journey page? I just rewrapped my Chicken Little (she got her surgery last night) . The darkness of the wound startled me, and the swollenness as well. I'm not incredibly learned in the ways of surgery but I suppose it makes sense that things would be quite swollen and dark just a day later....right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by