Bumblefoot But Still Problems

Chickalombo

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2023
Hi guys I read through the forum a lot and recently I found one of my chickens limping. I caught her took a look and could see that on both of her feet she had black scabs. I took her inside and I get a smoke I don't have any Epsom salts so we just did warm water until her feet softened up. Other than cutting into it I used a pumice stone and just try to take off the top to see what it looks like.

Did this end up cutting into it one came out as like a hole plug and I put some Betadine on it wrapped it up the next day that foot was pretty much healed. On the other foot I didn't get it all the first time and she was instead of struggling with both feet she now has a lump on just that one foot so last night I caught her again flip her over after it's ok foot quite a long time and she's still had some stuff in there. I took off the top of the scab and some of the hard crusty skin around it but no kernal came out or any puss. Again I thought id like today after putting Betadine on it and rapping it and her foot looks like it's held up but she is still limping and I don't understand why.

She eats like normal she's fine around the other chickens they seem to not attack her but she just has got a very very obvious lamp. What am I doing or not doing I'm wondering if I go to the vet to get antibiotics or God forbid if she just doing it because she wants to come inside I don't know.

Thanks for reading and helping from one chicken lover to another

This is her right foot which she isnt limping or favouring. The middle spot was the bumblefoot and the other two are just cuts.
20230309_205257.jpg

20230309_205213.jpg

She clearly doesn't want any more done as she keeps just grabbing my hands with her claws like this

Hi! I have a chicken who had bumblefoot, and even once it healed up, her foot still has a scab, and is a bit swollen. If you did give her an Epsom salt bath and it doesn’t seem to be bothering her anymore, it might just always be there. If it does seem to be hurting, I would check with a vet. Chickens are very fragile, so if you don’t know if something would help or hurt, it’s best to consult a professional.

Hi! I have a chicken who had bumblefoot, and even once it healed up, her foot still has a scab, and is a bit swollen. If you did give her an Epsom salt bath and it doesn’t seem to be bothering her anymore, it might just always be there. If it does seem to be hurting, I would check with a vet. Chickens are very fragile, so if you don’t know if something would help or hurt, it’s best to consult a professional.
Thank you, she ended coming good after I left her alone and is completely back to her old self

Back
Top Bottom