Bumblefoot emergency

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello I have been treating Bumblefoot from years and it always Recover ..but in recently my rooster devloped Bumblefoot which was hard I apply some lubrication to soft the scab and decided to soak in Listrine and salt cleaning it with medical grade alcohol ..and wrapping it with silver sulfadiazine ointment

Now his foot is too soft and skin is too silky soft

Now yesterday open his wound found some discoloration pls tell me how to treat it

Should I start some Antibiotic ??.
I have some sulfamethaoxizole in my home available

Attachments

• IMG20200810214522.jpg
    IMG20200810214522.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 11
Squeeze the footpad as hard as you can to force the infection out, continue until it has been completely removed, dig it out if you have to. Then pack the hole with an antibiotic ointment, then apply gauze over the hole and wrap it up securely but not too tight.
In three days remove the wrapping and inspect it. It should healing. Repack the hole and apply gauze again and wrap it up for 3 days. Then unwrap it and it should be completely healed.
If you see swelling and redness, you'll have to start all over, it means that you didnt get all the infection out.

Squeeze the footpad as hard as you can to force the infection out, continue until it has been completely removed, dig it out if you have to. Then pack the hole with an antibiotic ointment, then apply gauze over the hole and wrap it up securely but not too tight.
In three days remove the wrapping and inspect it. It should healing. Repack the hole and apply gauze again and wrap it up for 3 days. Then unwrap it and it should be completely healed.
If you see swelling and redness, you'll have to start all over, it means that you didnt get all the infection out.

Yes I do that like it's actually tough cause started to scared and screaming ..but when I squeezed it only blood come out this morning it looking better ..oh no I'm Bandaging every 24h I'll rebandaging in 3 days now

Attachments

• IMG20200811072143.jpg
    IMG20200811072143.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom