Bumblefoot Help!!!

wondertwins

In the Brooder
Jun 5, 2016
I have three gorgeous Pekin ducks and one of them seems to have what I think is bumblefoot. She is not walking on that foot which results in her limping around, she is still able to eat and drink with her other 2 friends. Here is a picture of the growth underneath her foot. It feels like a scab. It was pouring rain when I took these pictures so please excuse the mud. Any help would be much appreciated!
(Bottom foot, the top foot looks normal)

Welcome to the Duck Forum.
welcome-byc.gif

Yes, looks like a serious bumble.

I would try the clear iodine method first. And if the leg seems warm, I would start oral antibiotics.

Here is the link to the description of the clear iodine method. Because so many people get a little confused, please bear with me as I point out a few things... The iodine is clear iodine. Not brown. The iodine is placed on the bumble, just maybe 3 drops, right after soaking and drying the feet. Blow on the iodine to dry it. Keep the little one in a safe, relatively clean place during treatment. The feet are soaked, then the iodine applied once. Then 5 or 6 days later, the feet are soaked again and checked. If the scab that should have formed starts to come loose fairly easily, it can be pulled off. In an advanced case this may need to be repeated.

Okay, now the link.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/560693/need-input-on-bumblefoot-treatment-in-ducks/20

Back
Top Bottom