Bumblefoot? Help..

Bowman10117

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2019
Hello everyone my names Daniel about 3-4 days ago i noticed my hen limping and not using one leg. With some help from google i learned about bumblefoot. I see that under her foot and ankle is swollen but there isn't a scab to be found is it bumblefoot or something else?

Attachments

• 20190723_175559.jpg
    20190723_175559.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190723_175511.jpg
    20190723_175511.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 15
I don't think it's bumble foot, more likely she hurt herself jumping from the roost or somewhere. Check her leg from top to bottom, is there any swelling? I don't see anything, maybe she sprained it?

If possible isolate her in a wire cage with shavings for cushion, food & water ... Put the cage in the coop so she remains part of the flock. Let her rest a couple days ... Hang in there and see what the more exprienced have to recommend.

I don't think it's bumble foot, more likely she hurt herself jumping from the roost or somewhere. Check her leg from top to bottom, is there any swelling? I don't see anything, maybe she sprained it?

If possible isolate her in a wire cage with shavings for cushion, food & water ... Put the cage in the coop so she remains part of the flock. Let her rest a couple days ... Hang in there and see what the more exprienced have to recommend.
Thanks for the advice i will keep her in a safe area until i find out whats wrong

Back
Top Bottom