Bumblefoot in duck!!! Help

Roxyk

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2019
Hey, so my duck were pretty certain has bumblefoot on just its one foot. The middle “toe” is swollen but she’s walking fine

I’ve attached 2 photos a week apart the first being when we noticed it and today. I’ve been trying to spray this anti-septic wound spray on her foot as often as I can catch her.

The second photo is just after I’ve sprayed the foot so it’s not actually purple/reddish at all

Should I take her to the vet or just continue with the spray . We’ve just been interstate and a friend was watching our ducks so I’m just stressing now that I’ve come back and it’ looks like it’s gotten worse

Or is there anything else I can do to help treat it at home. She’s laying atm so she’s not constantly on her feet

Attachments

• 04C40254-5B55-4AF9-8D66-0D9C97630A85.jpeg
    04C40254-5B55-4AF9-8D66-0D9C97630A85.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 14
Thought my chicken had Bumblefoot but turns out it was something else. It does look like Bumblefoot to me, the treatment that I used was this;

-Epsom Salt mixed in with a tub of warm water
-Honey or Antiseptic cut cream after drying the foot and rub in on the part that is infected

Here’s a website that’ll help you, hopefully https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/bumblefoot-in-chickens/

Back
Top Bottom