bumblefoot on ducks

Robenco

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2018
Crossville, TN
Hello
Are Rescue duck has bumble foot. Now on medication from a vet. My question is still a black mass on the bottom of the ducks foot and will not come off. Vet says it is okay but looks bad. And the duck walks fine. just not sure.

Pyxis

Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
Are you seeing a specialized avian vet, or just a general vet? Can you post a picture? Maybe it's not an advanced infection yet and the vet is hoping the medication alone can clear it up?

If it is an advanced infection, the black scab does need to come off and the infection inside the foot needs to be removed, or it won't go away.

shawluvsbirds

🦆Lord luv a Duck!
Apr 17, 2017
Missouri
Are you seeing a specialized avian vet, or just a general vet? Can you post a picture? Maybe it's not an advanced infection yet and the vet is hoping the medication alone can clear it up?

If it is an advanced infection, the black scab does need to come off and the infection inside the foot needs to be removed, or it won't go away.
:goodpost:

Robenco

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2018
Crossville, TN
the vet we saw was a regular vet and just gave antibiotics to help.it has helped her a lot. She is still walking fine but we are hoping soon it will fall off.this is what it look like about 1 week or so ago. I will take another one and post it what it looks like now

Attachments

• bumblefoot.jpg
    bumblefoot.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 9

Top Bottom