Bumblefoot on my drake

NZDuckNewbies

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2016
Palmerston North, New Zealand
We suspect bumblefoot in our drake, it looks pretty massive, he has had no problems until the other day where he was limping, and it's to the point where he avoids walking. He has literally had no problems up until now.
We took him to the vet to get some scans because we considered the possibility of something more sinister going on, and the general concensus is that it is likely bumblefoot, and that it is the only probably cause for the aversion to walking. Scans indicated that the infection has not spread to the tendons etc so thats cool.

For the surgery, the Vets wanted $200-$300, so we have opted for the non-vet treatment, but i would be interested in some guidance on this. I have all the tools i need (as i started my university courses attempting to be a vet) such as scalpels etc.

I have been lightly shaving back the necrotic tissue, but it seems like it is going to take a long time using this method.

Help and guidance appreciated!

I will attempt to get some photos to give you some perspective. Sorry for starting a new thread, but I was hoping for maximum exposure.

Back
Top Bottom