bumblefoot or??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JLaw, Oct 22, 2013.

1. JLaw

JLaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Forestville NY
    I just bought this girl two days ago and was looking over her feet today and noticed some scab looking on the pads of her feet. In the middle of the scab is a hole almost like the pad is cracking into thirds or something I tried to take some pics but they didn't turn out the best. I soaked it some in warm water and tried wiping it off then pured some rubbing alcohol on it since I don't have anything else atm. This foot is the worst one the other just has alittle brownish scab. I don't know if they are scabs or calluses since they seem almost just her foot but discolored.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JLaw

Mar 18, 2013
    Forestville NY
    Also any idea on this? I looks like the chicken has two toe nails one on each side of toe. one was curling back on its self so I trimmed it. The other side I thought something was stuck in toe at first.
    [​IMG]

3. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. MelissaTXRn

MelissaTXRn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    Bumblefoot is the culprit on the foot pads. The toe is probably due to an injury.

5. JLaw

Mar 18, 2013
    Forestville NY
    yeah toe nail is weird its hard to see but the top and bottom are actually 2 different nails growing on side of the toes. one nail is at top by the little blue line of towl the other nail is the little white part on bottom of toe facing the cam. toe does look alittle red but these things look to be growing out sides of toe not even top or front.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by